NICKEL COPPER ALLOYS
Nickel Copper Alloys (NiCu) and their welding consumables have a Ni content of 50-70 % and are known as Silverin alloys.
- (NiCu45) Silverin 404 is used for electronic components due to its low magnetic permeability.
- (NiCu30Fe) Silverin 400 has excellent resistance to liquid acids and seawater corrosion. Typical applications are plant and apparatus construction, as well as Ship Building.
- (NiCu30Al) Silverin 500 can be age-hardened due to the increased Aluminum and Titanium content. The final hardness of the material prior to precipitation treatment is between 24-44 HRC. A prime application is the manufacturer of doctor blades used in the paper industry. This alloy is also used to produce springs for the Ship Building Industry.
- IGS-Silverin 418 is the welding grade used to produce Strip Electrodes. This is used for overlay cladding of parts in the petrochemical and marine industries.
|AMW-TRADE NAME||ALLOY||STANDARD||MATERIAL-NO. DIN / UNS|
|Silverin 400||NiCu30Fe||DIN 17743 / ASTM B 127||2.4360 / N 04400|
|Silverin 500||NiCu30Al||DIN 17743||2.4375 / N 05500|
AVERAGE CHEMICAL COMPOSITION (mass %)
|AMW-TRADE NAME||Ni (+Co)||Al||C||Cu||Fe||Mn||Si||Ti|
|AMW-TRADE NAME||DENSITY||THERMAL EXPANSION COEFFICIENT 20 – 100 ˚C||CURIE-TEMPERATURE||THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY AT 20 ˚C|
|Silverin 500||8.5||13.7||135* 100**||19|
* solution heat treated / ** precipitation hardened
WIRES OR ROUND WIRES
|DIA (MM)||LENGTH & PACKING||STOCK POSITION|
|0.10 Onwards||Spools & Coils||Ready Stock|
BLOCKS OR SLABS
From Ready Stock, we offer Cut-To-Size pieces as per your dimensions and requirements.